Thursday, 29 November 2012
Say hello to Windows 8.
Everything you want. Everything you need.
Do everything faster and easier with a new Windows built for today’s devices:
· Windows has been reimagined: From the beautifully fast and fluid Start Screen, apps are a touch away. It just feels natural.
· Apps at its core: Apps are at the heart of Windows 8. The things you need are built in and work together to make each other better.
· Stay in the Cloud: Sign in to your Microsoft account on any device and instantly get connected to the things you care about most. Access files anywhere with Skydrive and pick up where you left off.
· Get more at the Windows Store: Free and paid-for apps bring Windows 8 to life. When apps are bought or downloaded, they can immediately be used on up to 5 Windows 8 devices.
· Experience browsing freedom: With a minimalist design and fast performance, IE10 is more web and less browser. We’ve also made it more secure and private for safer surfing.
· Be productive everywhere: Take the office anywhere, access work files on the go while staying secure.
· Use any device: From tablets to laptops to all in ones, get the same personal, immersive experience on any form factor.
· Rock solid foundations: Familiar Windows 7 apps and devices will run with the full power of Windows 8.
Open a wider world with Windows 8.
Wednesday, 22 February 2012
Flexible and cost effective cloud based solutions.Cloud computing is one of the important trends shaping technology for the business market today. Cloud solutions enable you to manage your IT requirements using resources via the internet rather than through a local computer or server.
Cloud computing can:
- increase flexibility – add and reduce computer resources as required
- greater accessibility – access systems from anywhere using PCs, laptops or mobile devices
- reduce capital expenditure – no requirement to invest in expensive server hardware and software
- lower support costs – cloud based systems often require less support as the infrastructure provider takes care of some of this as part of the service
Why choose cloud computing with The PC Support Group?
- Personalised solutions to fit your needs
- Partnerships with leading companies including Rackspace, Microsoft and Google allow us to offer a wide range of value-added solutions
- Support is key to well managed infrastructure… even when it’s in the cloud. Our team takes pride in our speed and quality of response.
What can we do for you?Here are just a few common business requirements that can more cheaply and easily fulfilled by our cloud solutions:
- File sharing – systems that enable you to share
files and folders seamlessly in real time, no matter where you are, and
without the need for an expensive server adding to your support costs
and IT headaches.
- Email/Calendar – in just the same way as servers
have provided for many years, it’s now possible to have access to
emails, calendars and contacts on any device at any time in any place
thanks to the cloud. You and your staff can instantly share, check and
set up appointments, wherever they are, all without the need for a
server and its associated costs.
- Remote desktops – how would you like your staff to
be able to access and work on their desktop wherever they are in the
world from any PC or mobile device? There is no longer a need to be in a
specific location to get on with your job. Maximum flexibility, minimum
- Virtualisation – for those that still need servers,
cloud solutions can offer greater flexibility and reduced risk. By
virtualising your servers we can remove your single point of failure,
and therefore the risk to your business of a server letting you down.
Your servers will sit on your own private cloud, either at your premises
or hosted in a secure data-centre with engineers on-hand 24/7. Your
business will carry on even if one of your physical servers lets you
- Software as a Service (SaaS) – software that can be
used on demand for a monthly fee. No high upfront costs, no more
complex installations and no more licensing headaches. Imagine logging
onto any web browser and having your fully functional software available
to you instantly. Totally flexible software, when and where you need
- Flexible Printing – print any time anywhere. We can set you up so that you can hit print on your iPhone, or other mobile device and your document will print straight out at your office, ready for you on your return… Even if your printer is in York whilst you’re in New York.